Christopher Box Artist Bio
CHRISTOPHER BOX - ARTIST & ENTREPRENEUR
Being an artist runs in my family. The need to create and express myself is a part of me as my sense of humor. It’s always a little off and maybe more than a little bit off color. But at the heart of it, what I create is meant to inspire and spark conversation.
I frequently get asked what “style” my art is. My immediate response has always been that it is more of a lifestyle than a style. I don’t make art because I want to... I make art because I have to.
A few of my signature “moves” is my innate ability to layer color and movement in a way that is intended to evoke an emotional response. I work a lot with texture, my actual hands and fingertips and even makeup brushes. (I love the way they whip and swirl paint)
I am a self taught artist and self proclaimed renaissance man. I work mainly with acrylic, however, I love exploring new ways to express myself. I have recently incorporated silk screening and water colors into my work. I love working with my hands and have even stretch my own canvases sometimes.
Many artist work years to be able to create a style or look that is uniquely theirs. I feel lucky that my “style” has always been there. Over the past 15 years I have definitely grown, developed and curated that “feel”.
I don’t paint things. I paint how the world makes me feel. I want people to either love or hate what I produce. I believe Boy George said it best - it’s better to be looked at than looked over. As a creator and an artist I always give myself the room I need to grow. It’s ok to make ugly things. It’s not ok to sit on the sidelines and not do anything.
SHOWS & PRESS
- Art Con 2006 Dallas TX
- Art to Art 4 Play Studios 2006 - Dallas TX
- “Prom 1984” Hall Street Art Show - 2006 Dallas TX
- Art Con 2007 Dallas TX
- Open Studio Tour San Diego Art Collective - 2007 San Diego
- Art Con 2008 Dallas TX
- Art Con 2009 Dallas TX
- Heart to Art September 2018 - Dallas TX
- “Candy Heart Conversations” Neiman Marcus Northpark January 2019 - Dallas TX
- Big Taste of Dallas - March 2019
- Voyage Dallas Interview - April 2019
- Artists on Monroe Exhibit @ Neiman Marcus Northpark - August 2019
- Arts Goggle Ft. Worth - October 2019
- The Honey Pot Holiday Show - November 2019
- The Art of My Heart Solo Show & Fundraiser - December 2019
- Etsy Spring Bash - June 2021
- Love Exhibition 2021 - Presented by: Biafarin & Exibizone
- Scenic Exhibition 2021 - Lands, Seas, Cities. Presented by: Biafarin & Exibizone
- North Dallas Art Tour - April 2022 (coming soon)